Saturday 12 April 2008

A Few Words

U2 has given so much over the years and I often feel my life would be lesser if I hadn't got into U2 all those years ago. The music has given me much joy, lyrics I related to that have spoken out my deepest feelings, concerts taken me on emotional rollerscoasters, and meetings with band members that have been special, often funny and always respectful.

But it's not just these things, through U2 I've met some wonderful people who became real friends, people whose paths I would never have crossed if it hadn't been for U2, and who I have more in common with than just U2. People who I've shared good times with and who helped me through the difficult times.

I've travelled to places all over the world that I would never have visited to see gigs or visit friends. I discovered the joys of Ireland and it's remarkable people, and I now view that country as my second home.

Bono has actually changed some of my views with his "other job" as an activist for the Third World. I realise that an individual can make a difference and if each person does a small something to help, that will snowball and turn into something that can make postive changes for those less fortunate than us. I so admire Bono for his work in this area, he's giving one of the most precious things he can, his time.

Well, I could go on and on, but I'll stop now. I've been an avid journal writer since the age of 17 and all my U2 stories are in those journals, along with those about the rest rest of my life. It is from these that I will take my stories and post them here. I'll start at the beginning in 1983 through to the present day - it's going to take me quite a long time!

No comments: